MyMedicare Registration Open Now
MyMedicareis a new voluntary patient registration model. It aims to strengthen the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner (GP) and primary care teams (nurses, allied health professionals, specialists, pathology, radiology, pharmacist team etc).
Benefit to patient with MyMedicare registration:
- Greater continuity of care with their registered practice, improving health outcomes
- Access longer MBS-funded telephone calls with their usual general practice
- Access chronic Disease Management, allied health professionals for people with chronic and complex conditions, will only be linked to registered practice.
- Reduce hospital attendance, waiting time and share care with hospital specialists
What patients need to do:
- Patients can register for MyMedicare from 1 October 2023. There will be options for patients to register online and or in-person at their registered practice. Further information on how to register will become available shortly.
- Select regular GP or regular GP practice.
- Make sure all health-related information (results, referrals, letters) copy to regular GP or practice.